CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Apr 29, 2008

Snapshot

I have a couple of Emma funnies to share quickly. I will do an actual post soon, but I just had to throw these in because they have kept me smiling for the past few days.

Emma: Mom, are monster trucks real?
Me: Yes.
Emma: Have you seen one?
Me: I think so, at some point it seems I have seen one. (I don't know for sure, but that seems logical. I have a much worse memory since having kids that is for sure!)
Emma: I think I would like to get a monster truck.
Me: Why do you want a monster truck?
Emma: Because I think they are fascinating.

Yes, she said fascinating. I don't know many 5 year old girls who find monster trucks fascinating. And we aren't even fueling this fire because we never go to monster truck rallies, or frankly anywhere else that monster trucks might hang out.
My second Emma funny. Scene: the Swenson family is traveling in the car talking. I am not sure how the conversation started but we ended up talking about kings.
Emma: Are there really any kings?
Nate: Some countries have kings.
Emma: But we don't have a king, we have lawyers.
Nate and I were both at a loss for words. We finally composed ourselves to the point where we could explain things to her, and she is no longer under the impression lawyers run our country. We are going to let her live in that sweet bliss until she is old enough to realize the truth of the matter on her own.

This is a picture from the last dance recital Emma had. She has her big spring recital coming up on May 9. No, she does not usually wear make-up, just for recitals.

P.S. Congratulations on graduation Holly!!! I think you deserve to stand up with all the other doctoral degree people (I don't know what you call these particular people when its plural, grammar is not my thing). My sis-in-law is going to be a lawyer...You can rule the world!!! (at least according to Emma).

2 comments:

Erica said...

How funny! She's so cute! I want to go to her recital!! Let us know when it is!

Julie said...

Emma looks so much like Natalie in the bottom picture!

We need to get together when school is out. I wish I had realized our kids had spring break at the same time.