CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Apr 13, 2008

11 Years!




Being the worst blogger on earth I of course neglected blogging about my Anniversary. Its true, I have in fact been married 11 years. It is really strange because in some ways it doesn't seem like 11 years could have possibly passed since I married my sweetheart. At the same time I can hardly remember my world without him in it. I truly am married to such a wonderful man. We have been through a lot together, and I am so grateful for every day I have had with him. He helps me to strive to be a better person. He is such a great father and husband. He is so smart and kind. He is always looking for ways to help others. I am just so lucky to have such a wonderful man.
Now that I have blathered on about how wonderful Nate is I have to tell about our incredibly romantic anniversary. During family home evening on Monday nights we always review the calendar to see what we have going on in the coming week. At family home evening on March 31 we went over the calendar as usual. On Tuesday I called Nate at work and our conversation went something like this:

Me: "Nate when we went over the calendar did you realize we completely forgot to mention that it is our Anniversary on Thursday?"
Nate: "No, I hadn't noticed, but you are right it is our Anniversary on Thursday."
Me: "Well do you want to do something to celebrate?"
Nate: "We are going to dinner for Craig's (a friend of ours) Birthday on Friday, so I don't really want to go to dinner on Thursday too." (Nate would much rather eat dinner at home that I cook, I am not that great a cook, but he is homebody)
Me: "Yeah, I don't care if we go out either. Should we do the gifts thing?"
Nate: "I don't have anything I really need right now. Do you?"
Me: "I was going to get a magazine rack. We could pick out a magazine rack this weekend and say it was for our Anniversary."
Nate: "That sounds good."
Me: "This is kind of sad for an Anniversary. We aren't going out and we aren't really doing gifts. Have we been married so long that we've become boring?"
Nate: "No, I would like to call it comfortable. We are comfortable."
So, although we did nothing exciting Nate bought me some beautiful roses and we picked out a real humdinger of a magazine rack.
Regardless of how exciting, or not exciting, as the case may be our Anniversary gave me a chance to think about how happy I am I married Nate.

4 comments:

Elmer said...

Pretty roses, but where's the magazine rack?! ;) Kidding. Congrats on 11 years!

Jacee McGuire said...

Happy anniversary!

Erica said...

Happy Anniversary you two love birds! Loved the blog, Kris. It's been too long- update more!! (P.S. I want to see the pictures from out Farm adventure) Baaaa.... HA!

Ju and Brack said...

Finally you updated! You didn't tell me about your anniversary. Sounds fun! Love the flowers.