CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 20, 2010

Oh Baby!

Why do babies have to grow up so fast?  Pete turned 3 over the weekend.  To celebrate he went camping with Nate and Jake at the Fathers and Sons campout.  It was his first time camping, and he had a ball. Then on Saturday we had a little family get-together with pizza and cake and ice cream. 

Pete is such a fun kid. I have the luxury of spending my days with him and I love it. We get to play every day.  I won’t lie, he makes it hard for me to get any real work done around the house. That is okay though, because he is growing up too quickly.

Here are some pictures of Pete from when he was born until he was a couple months old. I know that to most people my little 2 1/2 lb baby may look a little alien-ish or whatever, but I think he was adorable and perfect.

These pictures are from his first year. First Halloween, first Christmas, the Bumbo which was a big part of our life.

He is always entertaining us with his goofy ideas. I’m sure it helps that he has all of us as a very willing audience.

This is one of my favorite pictures of him. I love his eyes and his cute chubby cheeks.

Like I said before, we spend our days together and as you can see he is oh so very helpful with the tasks such as dishes. Most of the time I love it, except when I am in a hurry :)

This picture totally captures my happy, sweet Pete.

There have been several chances recently for me to think about the blessing of being a mom. I remember pretty much the whole time I was growing up my mom had a stitchery hanging in our house. I didn’t comprehend the significance of the words then but, over the last few years I have thought back over those words several times.  It was part of a poem called “Babies Don’t Keep” by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton.  The last stanza says “The cleaning and scrubbing can wait ‘till tomorrow, But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.”

There have been so many times over the last 3 years I’ve wished I could make time stand still. But my babies keep growing in spite of my yearning for them to stop. How do you ever capture enough moments?

I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a Mom. It is one of the hardest jobs, but nothing could make me happier. 

Happy Birthday Pete!  I love you!

 

5 comments:

Elmer said...

That was so sweet, Kris. Thanks for making me bawl at work.

Ju and Brack said...

LOVE this post! I sure love that little Pete. He brings us all so much happiness. The last 2 pictures are the best. Those kids sure love you!

Rachel said...

He is so big! His eyes look so much like Jake's eyes to me.

I haven't seen you in a long time! It sounds like you're doing well. I'm happy for that!

Happy Birthday Pete!

Julie said...

So true and well put!
alien babies are the cutest :)

Amy Jo Madsen said...

OK, how CUTE are these pictures? I love, love, love the ones of you and your kiddos. I hope you have huge ones on your wall.