CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Jan 5, 2009

8 Is Great!



My Jakers is 8!! It is absolutely nuts. I can't believe he is getting so big. He has been such a wonderful little guy to have in our family. We went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant once and I saved his fortune from his fortune cookie because I thought it was completely meant for Jake. The fortune reads "Your smile brings happiness to others." I think this perfectly describes his affect on others.
The thing that continues to amaze me is what a happy, optimistic, sweet personality he has after everything he has gone through. This sweet boy has overcome many things already in his life, and always is surprising me with his cheerful attitude. Most of the time I don't think he even knows he was dealing with more than most kids do. He brings me so much happiness (most of the time, he is an 8 year old boy) and he keeps me on my toes. I know there is no way for me to let him know how much I love him, but every day I will keep trying.

4 comments:

Erica said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE! WE LOVE YOU!!

Erica said...

P.S. Can't wait to see you on Saturday- we're so proud of you!

Ju and Brack said...

I can't believe he is 8! I can't even describe in words all that Jake has done for me in his life and the happiness that he brings to me. He is such a blessing in our family. I can't imagine life without him. I'm so excited for him to be baptized and to watch him keep growing up (although it makes me very sad at the same time.) I agree that his smile brings much happiness. I love you Bubba! Happy Birthday!

Galo Fab 5 said...

8 years old! Wow! What a handsome guy!