CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sep 10, 2008

SCHOOL'S IN!!!

So, school started like 3 weeks ago, and I am finally blogging about it. I have been enjoying the quiet afternoons.
Well, Jake is doing AWESOME in 1st grade! I have worried and worried about how he would do, and he is doing great. His confidence in his ability to handle the work is so much better than last year. Confidence makes such a difference in his whole attitude about everything.
Emma started Kindergarten. I cried. Not when she could see, and frankly I didn't expect to. I am sure that everyone who knows me will be laughing at that, yeah right, Kris not cry, that will be the day, but really I had it together when we set off to school. Then the Kindergarten teacher did this whole thing where we had to do a couple of "centers" with our Kindergartener and then he read "The Kissing Hand". What kind of crazy torturer is this Kindergarten teacher? I still was keeping it together, then we were getting ready to leave and the kids were all sitting on the mat and they turned to wave goodbye... and Emma was looking and couldn't find me because, well, because I am short...and then I started crying. She was looking kind of frantically for me then found me, as I suppressed tears I waved and basically ran out of the room. I just kept thinking about how I wouldn't be the main influence in her life any more, and I am not ready to turn my little girl over to the world yet. She is so sweet, thoughtful, beautiful, and I just don't want to let the outside world have influence over her. I realize I am saying this as she watches "Hannah Montana" but at least I am here and we can talk about "Hannah Montana".


This is Emma on her first day of Kindergarten. She wore her new school shirt, and being the awesome Mom that I am, I made her a bow to match her new shirt.

5 comments:

Cameron's Corner said...

Holy crud. I hope our daughter turns out as beautiful as yours.

I've actually been looking for you for a while. I've seen Natalie's blog and I swear I couldn't find you. Was your blog private for a while or maybe Nat recently linked to you or something?

Great, great, to hear from you. Awesome blog... you just need to update more than once a month... in my opinion.

Galo Fab 5 said...

Ooo, let's get together one day and make bows!! I thought I would have all these accessories for my little princess when I got one, and ha, I have no time. I agree with Cameron. I think maybe you just didn't want your post about your dream guy getting bumped. :)

Mama Cat said...

I totally agree with you, Kris--we are still 2 years away from kindergarten, and I already cry about it when I think too hard! Too make it worse, kindergarten is ALL day here. I suppose preschool is your transition, if your child goes, and that's the extent of it. BAM! They're in the world. I'm not looking forward to it. I'll have to stock-pile Kleenexes.

Hope you survive! And cute, bow, by the way!

Rachel said...

Kris, I know the feeling! I'm getting really sad that my kids are getting older. I love ya girl! Keep in touch.

Amara said...

Wow cute bow! Sorry, I haven't checked your blog for a while. Lot's of reading to catch up on!