CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Jun 25, 2007

First Week


The first week of Peter being home has past. I am getting used to having a baby again. Not used to waking up in the night. I have it pretty good though because they had him on a three hour schedule in the NICU, so he seems to stick pretty closely with that. Last Tuesday at the Pediatrician's office he weighed a whopping 4 lbs 2 oz, and he has another appointment tomorrow so we will see how big he has gotten over the last week. I think he seems bigger, but I might just be getting used to how small he is.
There is a lot of help at home. Emma and Jake absolutely love to hold and feed Peter. He is small enough and light enough that they actually do a pretty good job at holding him. We had to have few chats about how Mom needs to say it is okay to hold him and then they can't carry him around. Emma was holding him and I went to turn over laundry and came back to her standing there rocking him. It was nerve racking but she knows the rules now. Not that that always matters, but I think we laid down the law pretty well. I just hadn't thought she would even think she could stand up with him. Oh well, luckily everyone is in one piece and we live and learn.
The noise and confusion of the house is sometimes hard on little Peter, but I think he will learn to tolerate and even like the chaos. He still isn't big enough to cry really loud, but I know that before long he will be a grand addition to the chaos.


0 comments: